Mobile Engineer – Building Maintenance (3530)
|Location:||Newark, NJ and the surrounding areas|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Perform technical and mechanical functions as directed by the Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager for the purpose of operating the property in a manner consistent with maximum efficiency, cost effectiveness, and service to the building and its tenants.
- Perform all necessary mechanical maintenance and operational procedures to assure maximum life and reliability to all mechanical systems.
- Daily local travel between properties
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of facility systems including: HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical, and preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
- Assist with installation and alterations of building equipment systems
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
- Possess competent knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and grounds maintenance
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via PDA device or paperwork
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Inspect new facility equipment installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
- Comply with all EPA, OSHA and ASHRAE rules, requirements, procedures and guidelines
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
- Interact with tenants on a daily basis in a professional manner
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance at all times. Repair or replace torn or stained uniforms as needed.
- Ensure mechanical/electrical rooms and company vehicles are kept clean and orderly
- Complete other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or GED
- Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, or plumbing.
- At least three years experience in commercial HVAC maintenance
- Familiar with fire/life safety equipment/procedures.
- Must have valid, clean driving record and ability to adhere to Use of Company Vehicle policy/procedures
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to successfully interact with tenants/vendors/contractors
- Familiarity with blueprints and code requirements
- Universal CFC Certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees and visitors.
- Must be able to read and write English in order to understand manuals, procedures and to write reports.
- Basic working knowledge of work order system and facility operation systems
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., work from heights, and verify colors, climb ladders frequently
< Back to Careers Page