Engineering Director (4780)
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
The Engineering Director provides strategic direction and day-to-day leadership for all engineering services based upon strategic goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) identified by the Account Director and the client. This role will also serve as a senior technical resource as needed for corporate initiatives in support of the client’s medical and general office portfolio in a consistent manner. This position will coordinate infrastructure evaluations and improvements within the portfolio and will assist in the development and updating of capital plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervise and develop Lead Mobile Engineers and Chief Engineers in the management of their teams and the execution of assigned corrective and preventative maintenance activities.
- Works collaboratively with Property Management to ensure the Engineering services provided to the client meet Property Management expectations and client requirements.
- Accountable for engineering goals and KPI performance.
- Perform audit review of each facility to include review of building operations setup (established PM task lists & work orders, use of man-hour tracking tools, completion of asset lists, etc.), quality performance, compliance book setup & maintenance, OSHA regulations and standards, etc.
- Perform periodic walk-through inspection of facilities to ensure that facilities and engineering activities are in compliance with all industry regulatory guidelines such as The Joint Commission and other state regulations regarding healthcare operations.
- Responsible for operational (engineering services related) and capital plan budgets; recommend and provide cost/benefit analysis for repairs, improvements and capital projects for inclusion in budget.
- Ensures that all engineering work environments and practices comply with OSHA, ASHARE and NFPA standards.
- Ensure a safe work environment by identifying and remediation of all safety hazards within the properties; perform and track safety training for engineering personnel.
- Work closely with the client’s facility maintenance and engineering service lines to ensure consistency with the client’s procedures and vendor base.
- Recommend to Property Managers and client needed mechanical improvements with necessary back-up costs, estimates, etc.
- Review and evaluate all service contracts relating to mechanical functions of the facilities and submit to Account Director for review and final approval.
- Maintains effective communication with all external and internal customers, including Clients, Property and engineering staff.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the facility’s systems and equipment to recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Evaluate engineering staff coverage and realign, or recommend to Account Director the need for additional staffing.
- Ensure that all work efforts performed at the properties are properly planned, executed, and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices, established processes and applicable client specifications.
- Hire new engineering staff; work with Chief Engineers, Leads and others to monitor performance.
- Perform periodic quality control inspections of work completed, work in-process, and current projects.
- Supervise the vehicle fleet program including the upkeep and maintenance of all vehicles, monitoring and management of the team through real-time GPS vehicle tracking to ensure optimal performance of the mobile fleet and efficient use of engineering labor.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and manuals; ensures that Engineering team understands and adheres to them; may include identification and coordination of vendor supported training efforts.
- Approve continuing education classes, training courses, expense reports, and purchases as necessary.
- Knowledge an ability to read blueprints, plumbing and wiring schematics.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
Directly supervise the Chief Engineers and other engineering personnel as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 5-10 years experience in ambulatory medical office building maintenance. Experience in commercial or critical facility operations a plus (excluding retail or hotel experience).
- 3-5 years experience directing a team of building maintenance engineers.
- Knowledge of applicable Joint Commission, Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services and state agency regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable practices/techniques, laws, project controls and regulations included but not limited to OSHA safety regulations.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) designation preferred.
- Mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, etc. licenses a plus.
- Knowledge of BAS or Energy Management Systems.
- Understanding and ability to work with work order system. Facsur CMS experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and adhere to annual budget.
- Strong leadership skills balanced by the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Proven ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply problem-solving tactics to successfully address issues involving multiple variables, in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
< Back to Careers Page