Director of Talent and Culture (5597)
|Location:||4725 Piedmont Row Drive|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Responsible for the direction and implementation of all aspects of company human resources policies, objectives, and initiatives including recruiting, hiring, and retention; professional development; employee relations and conflict resolution; compensation, payroll, and benefits administration; safety; training; and job satisfaction. Ensure company compliance with current, applicable federal, state, and local laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee and provide strategic guidance for all Human Resource functions.
- Develop and capture succession plans.
- Design and lead strategies to recruit, develop, and retain employees by aligning company goals, values, and daily practices such that employees, through collaboration with teammates, understand how their duties contribute to company goals.
- Ensure there is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and can thrive through trainings, coaching, and overall strategy and practice
- Oversee improvement of employees’ view of their workplace and their professional purpose in order to improve performance while helping shape internal and external perceptions of the company.
- Analyze organizational structure, developing coaching and development plans for midlevel managers; assist in creating path to fulfill aspirations.
- Work with department leaders to determine areas for manager and team improvement to assist with implementation of development plan, as well as help determine growth path for individual.
- Conduct individual meetings with managers.
- Develop, conduct, review, and utilize performance reviews.
- Determine challenges and successes of manager and team.
- Determine areas for development and end goals.
- Develop ongoing coaching plans, including external training as appropriate
- Research available external coaching and development resources
- Oversee compensation strategy:
- Research compensation information to determine competitive wage rates, evaluating and recommending new compensation structures or changes as needed. Participate in annual and wage and benefit surveys.
- Develop pay ranges.
- Conduct annual meetings with department leaders to determine any annual salary changes. Analyze and discuss team compensation; make recommendations on any annual changes.
- Research and make recommendations to Operating Committee for overall average company-wide base compensation annual increases.
- Oversee management, new hire, and annual training for human resource topics through e-learning, in-person, and other resources. Research and attend appropriate management and leadership training programs to determine appropriate external training resources for mid-level managers and above.
- Manage 90-day, mid-year, and annual employee performance review processes.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to Operating Committee regarding organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain membership of industry organizations, attending meetings and networking with industry counterparts.
- Obtain and maintain highest certifications of HR industry, doing required annual continuing education.
- Conduct due diligence for Human Resources vendors, such as: background and drug screening companies, applicant tracking systems, etc. Coordinate implementation of new providers as needed, ensuring we have the best resources available.
- Stay informed of company needs based on employee suggestions, legal compliance, organizational needs, and human resources trends; present to Operating Committee as appropriate.
- Lead Reward and Recognition efforts.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and five to ten years of Human Resources experience required; advanced degree preferred
Expert knowledge of every aspect of Human Resources
Organizational design/behavior experience required; training experience preferred
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effortlessly manage multiple priorities, tasks, and projects in a diverse and fast-paced environment while ensuring all customer groups receive timely attention
Superior verbal and written communication, as well as customer service, skills
High-energy, proactive, assertive, and detail-oriented
Strong organizational and project management skills
Strong team player with the ability to function autonomously when necessary
Intermediate proficiency in MS office software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
< Back to Careers Page