Critical Facility Technician (3312)
|City/State:||Raleigh area, NC|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Second Shift position: Wednesday thru Saturday 8PM- 7AM
The Critical Facilities Technician supports the operations for the client’s Data Centers and other mission critical areas throughout the campus. This position will be responsible for strategic oversight of mission critical operations and adherence to client specific policies and procedures to maintain the 100% uptime initiative set forth by the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and direct maintenance work efforts on a variety of complex electrical distribution systems (UPS, PDU, Static Switching Equipment, Closed Transition ATS Systems, Power Quality Monitoring Equipment, etc.), complex HVAC equipment operations (Chilled Water Loop Distributions, Condenser Water Distributions, Back-Up Central Plant Operations, White Space Temperature Control, CRAC Unit Maintenance, In-Row High Density Systems, Controls, etc.)
- Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, scheduling preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of critical utility services delivery (100% Uptime), performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified O&M service provider, ordering parts and equipment required for repair, maintaining and installing new equipment, and maintaining inventory.
- Direct the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, insuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warranty obligations by the installer, securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors, insuring that all vendors providing services have been properly trained on the clients policies and procedures.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Insure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, preparing and submitting purchase-order requests, developing sources for stock materials, and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related power systems field of study with a minimum of 5 years directly related data center experience, with the ability to address both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Professional experience shall include previous data center facility operations managing large plant equipment in a critical infrastructure environment that includes, but is not limited to, redundant electrical and mechanical systems, large multi-module UPS systems of at least 2400kVA, UPS batteries, back up diesel generators, automated system controls, closed transition load switching, Automatic Transfer Switches, Static Transfer Switches, Direct Expansion and chilled water systems.
- 5+ years related work experience
- Universal CFC Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
< Back to Careers Page