Critical Facility Technician (3488)
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
The available position is Wednesday thru Saturday 7PM- 6AM
Operate, monitor, and maintain Data Center Infrastructures and Environments. Working at the direction of the Chief Engineer, interact with teammates, local contractors, and vendors to ensure that facility issues are identified and corrected quickly, contractors deliver quality services, and internal customer needs are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the proper execution of all maintenance and operational tasks to assure maximum service life and reliability of the critical infrastructure
- Support the coordination of all aspects of HVAC systems maintenance: Proficient in the operation and maintenance of critical HVAC equipment and possess the ability to direct vendor’s activities as well as to self-perform tasks as needed.
- Support the coordination of all aspects of critical electrical infrastructure: ATS, UPS, Generators, switchgear, fire detection and suppression, electrical distribution expansion, etc. Work closely with vendors performing work to ensure that systems are installed per design, are performing properly and are being maintained in accordance with the owner’s requirements.
- Support the scheduling for vendors and ensure compliance with all established processes and procedures.
- Recommend, document, and implement procedural improvements in a continuous effort to maintain operational excellence and 100% uptime.
- Provide immediate emergency response to situations that have the potential to impact the facility’s operations.
- Handle other duties/projects as assigned.
- Five years of experience in a Data Center/Critical Operation Environment desired.
- Two or more years of experience in HVAC or electrical industry or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field; prefer data center, hospital, or power plant experience.
- Working knowledge of critical systems such as: UPS, PDU’s, ATS/STS, Switchgear, Generators, Chillers, CRAC units, Air Handlers, etc.
- Data Center maintenance and operation experience is highly desired. Individuals with a strong foundation in related mechanical/electrical fields will be considered.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- On call, after hours, and weekend work is required.
- Ability and motivation to learn the skills required to function in an extremely complex and technical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain focused and positive during stressful situations required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a “Team” oriented mindset.
- Must subscribe to a Continuous Improvement and Readiness philosophy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with others on a technical level.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Conceptual understanding and experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Must possess EPA Certification for handling refrigerants, or obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Climb at least a 30 ft. ladder
- Differentiate primary colors
- Read gauges and meters
< Back to Careers Page