Chief Engineer (6375)
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Primarily responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient, and effective operations of all building systems including but not limited to proactively scheduling personnel and activities in a manner that provides continuous support to the building’s tenants and effective maintenance to building systems, as well as coordinating and providing oversight to contracted construction and maintenance activities. Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner; the Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients’ needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the clients’ assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, generators, primary switch gear), cabling (data and voice, broad band), lighting and temperature controls systems, critical
environments, light construction (painting, doors, relites, locks), digital systems (fire alarm, duress, card access), and Audio/Visual services. Utilize staff and contracting with outside vendors as necessary.
- Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development.
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure; alert management of building discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of an operating budget and capital plan which would include planning for infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacements, and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Oversee the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
- Keep records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respect to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
- Create and/or understand and comply with emergency escalation procedures.
- Create and/or update a standard operating procedure manual (SOP) for all building(s) detailing essential tasks that provide a comprehensive guide for overall operations.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years related work experience, including supervisory experience
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s (or within 90 days of employment)
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
< Back to Careers Page