Building Maintenance Technician (4511)
|City/State:||High Point, NC|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as assigned to insure the preservation and upkeep of company-owned and managed properties. Ensure overall cleanliness of the property is maintained on a daily basis.
- Perform basic carpentry, floor, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repairs; painting and pressure washing
- Perform quarterly PM’s of building equipment
- Repair door hardware; repair, change, or add door locks
- Change light bulbs and ballasts
- Change filters
- Respond to and investigate hot/cold calls
- Handle on-call for buildings as assigned
- Maintain a record and copy of all building keys
- Ensure shop areas as well as mechanical and electrical rooms are kept clean and orderly
- Complete all work orders assigned in a timely manner
- Interact with tenants on a daily basis in a professional manner
- Clean around dumpster enclosure
- Periodically throughout each day:
- Pick up any exterior debris anywhere on the property with particular focus on sidewalks; front, side, and rear parking lots; and any landscaped areas
- Clean main entrance glass doors to remove fingerprints, pollen, etc.
- Clean interior glass of rear main lobby windows on each floor
- Clean elevators/elevator doors
- Remove any trash left behind by patients in the main lobby of each floor
- Sweep/vacuum main entrance
- Address any spills in the common areas
- Assist with snow removal
- Assist with holiday decorations
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience in building maintenance
- Universal CFC Certification a plus
- Working knowledge of building controls to include: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, building access, security, fire, and elevators
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees, and visitors
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Must be able to read and write English in order to understand manuals and procedures and to write reports
- Working knowledge of a computerized work order system
- Basic A/C trouble-shooting skills
- Electrical skills to change ballasts, etc.
- Operate gauge readings
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to understand radio communication
- Ability to verify colors
- Loud environment in mechanical room.
- Highly sensitive to promptness and adherence to schedules.
- Professional interaction with associates and tenants is of extreme importance.
< Back to Careers Page