Assistant Property Manager (5316)
|Location:||6801 Carnegie Blvd., Suite 175|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the operation, physical condition, and financial performance of Morrocroft Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Property Manager is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned, so long as such action does not deviate from established policies and practices, and is consistent with sound business judgment, except for specific limitations placed on his/her authority by the Management Agreement, owner, and property budgets.
Promote Tenant Relations, taking into account Owner’s objectives and goals in conjunction with Property Manager.
- Through an effective Tenant Retention Program, maintain personal contact with each existing tenant to promote good will, trust, and loyalty in an effort to hold tenant turnover to a minimum.
- Through a work order system, ensure that all tenant requests are entered and handled in a timely fashion.
- Handle complaints or requests from building tenants or occupants and communicate promptly.
- Promptly answer all billing and other tenant inquires.
- Coordination of tenant events including but not limited to annual tenant meetings.
- Coordination or oversight of annual tenant fire drill.
- Coordination of tenant move in and move outs including furniture delivery and pickup.
Provide assistance when needed regarding new tenants and tenant up-fits.
- Schedule and host new tenant meetings.
- Provide coordination for timely construction, working alongside the Project Manager and assisting where needed. Attend construction meetings during tenant up-fit.
- Invoice as necessary, and as directed by the Project Manager, payment for construction management and payment to sub-contractors; follow-up to obtain all lien waiver
Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in orderly and logical manner in accordance to guidance. Maintain office procedures in Standard Operating Procedures manual.
Coordinate COI’s for tenants and vendors to ensure they are up to date and meet property insurance requirements.
Oversight of Tenant Service Contracts ensuring compliance to lease and/or city and county requirements.
Lead regular inspections of property with janitorial and landscaping providers and any other service provider as directed by Manager. Implement plans and procedures covering building operations and modify accordingly, notifying Manager of suggested change(s).
Coordination and prepare of bid proposals and service contracts.
Prepare and/or review of vendor service agreements. Read and understand the service contracts within the portfolio and hold each vendor accountable for performance.
Assist Manager in preparing annual budgets, including all rent and service income, general operating expenses, extraordinary repairs, leasing commissions, and tenant alterations.
Analyze lease documents; establish Base Year Expense figures and with the oversight and guidance of the Manager, prepare annual Operating Expenses Reconciliations and Escalations.
Prepare and/or review of monthly Late Notices for rental payments and monitor delinquency for the collection of rent. Prepare Delinquency Report in accordance to property deadlines for Manager review.
Review each Rent Roll and Rent Up report monthly and notify Accounting Department to of any changes.
Prepare and submit monthly reporting package to Accounting within the time-frame allowed per the Management Agreement upon Manager approval.
Assist in coding invoices and generating bill backs to Manager for approval prior to software entry or forwarding to Accounting for payment.
Records maintenance of Lease documents, purchases and disbursements, tenant alterations, building improvements, tenant activity notices, utility consumption, etc. per ownership requirements.
Assist in lease administration activities including abstracting leases, maintaining lease data to reflect lease expirations, base rent, escalation, square footage, etc.
Maintain building stacking plans and building statistics.
Report any and all accidents and emergency situations to the Manager immediately and prepare and submit necessary reports.
Handle other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience in commercial property management (commercial office, retail, property owner association, or similar experience)
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates an intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook email
- Nexus, MRI, and Avid payables experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple and changing priorities; sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a proactive approach and a readiness to handle client concerns and processes, as well as unexpected emergencies
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
< Back to Careers Page