Assistant Property Manager (2778)
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the operation, physical condition, and financial performance of Legacy Union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned, so long as such action does not deviate from established policies and practices, and is consistent with sound business judgment, except for specific limitations placed on his/her authority by the Management Agreement, owner, and property budgets.
Promote Tenant Relations, taking into account Owner’s objectives and goals.
- Through an effective Tenant Retention Program, maintain personal contact with each existing tenant to promote good will, trust, and loyalty in an effort to hold tenant turnover to a minimum.
- Handle complaints or requests from building tenants or occupants and communicate promptly for tenants needs.
- Promptly answer all inquiries billings and other tenant inquires.
- Communicate promptly with tenants when delinquencies occur to ensure prompt payment of rent and miscellaneous collections.
Provide assistance when needed regarding new tenants and tenant up-fits.
- Provide coordination for timely construction, working alongside the Project Manager and assisting where needed. Attend weekly or bi-weekly construction meetings during tenant up-fit.
- Invoice as necessary, and as directed by the Project Manager, payment for construction management and payment to sub-contractors; follow-up to obtain all lien waivers.
Implement plans and procedures covering building cleaning operations and modify accordingly, notifying the Senior Property Manager of suggested change(s).
Prepare Short Form Contracts for vendor agreements and forward to the Operations Manager for review prior to submitting to the Senior Property Manager for review and execution.
Read and understand the Service Contracts within the portfolio and hold each vendor accountable for performance.
Work with the Operations Manager to determine that adequate inventories of operating and maintenance supplies are on hand.
Coordinate and schedule annual fire drills.
Assist the Operations Manager to supervise outside contractors and vendors working on, or providing services to, the property.
Inspect and determine the physical condition of the building complex and make recommendations to the Operations Manager concerning courses of action. Add every project to the Property’s Action Plan and follow the issue through until it is complete and all financial obligations have been met. Include this type of information in the Executive Summary of the monthly reporting package.
With the oversight and guidance of the Senior Property Manager, prepare annual budgets, including all rent and service income, general operating expenses, extraordinary repairs, leasing commissions, and tenant alterations.
Analyze lease documents; establish Base Year Expense figures and with the oversight and guidance of the Senior Property Manager, prepare annual Operating Expenses Reconciliations and Escalations. Submit to Senior Property Manager for review prior to Lease Administration.
Prepare monthly Late Notices for rental payments and monitor delinquency for the collection of rent. Prepare Delinquency Report for Senior Property Manager on the 15th of each month listing all current outstanding rental payments and action(s) taken in an effort to collect the outstanding balance.
Review income and expenses continually and instigate corrective action where indicated. Notify Senior Property Manager on all activity that exceeds 30 days delinquent and assist as needed in the collection, communication, and activities when further action is deemed necessary.
Maintain Action Plans; the Action Plans are to be treated as “living documents”, current and available for submittal to building owner upon request.
Review each Rent Roll monthly and notify Accounting Department to generate rent.
Prepare and submit monthly reporting package to Accounting within the time-frame allowed and per the guidelines of the Management Agreement.
Assist in coding invoices and submit to Senior Property Manager for approval prior to forwarding to Accounting for entry and payment.
Follow established procedures regarding records maintenance of Lease documents, purchases and disbursements, tenant alterations, building improvements, tenant activity notices, etc.
Maintain records of utility consumption, utilizing current spreadsheets and reports in units and dollar format.
Maintain lease data (by tenant) to reflect lease expirations, base rent, escalation, square footage, etc.
Maintain accurate records for:
- Rent collection and miscellaneous tenant charges and handling delinquent accounts for current and former tenants.
- Files relating to:
- Expense requirements
- Building floor plans showing leased and vacant areas and building statistics
Report any and all accidents and emergency situations to the Senior Property Manager immediately and prepare and submit necessary reports.
Handle other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience in commercial property management (commercial office, retail, property owner association, or similar experience)
- Prior experience managing high-rise office buildings extremely helpful
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates an intermediate proficiency level with computer programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook email
- MRI, Avid, and Nexus payables experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple and changing priorities; sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a proactive approach and a readiness to handle client concerns and processes, as well as unexpected emergencies
< Back to Careers Page