Assistant Chief Engineer (3149)
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Assist the Chief Engineer in directing the engineering departments operations (provide technical and administrative support), preplanning of mechanical preventive maintenance, and supervises and directs maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems. Assumes the Chief Engineers’ responsibilities as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct maintenance staff and monitor performance of assigned responsibilities. Perform and/or direct the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertain corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments; giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures; recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment; and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, ordering parts and equipment required for repair, maintaining and installing new equipment and facilities, and maintaining inventory.
- Direct the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: insuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer, and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Insure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase-order requests, developing sources for stock materials, and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safety, efficiently and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner.
- The Assistant Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients’ needs, and commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the clients’ assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
- Perform additional job duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent preferred
- Universal CFC Certification
- Proficiency in basic computer applications and software such as MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain professionalism in a sensitive environment
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities/deadlines; strong follow-up skills
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of computer, calculator, and other standard office equipment requires continuous or repetitive arm-hand movements.
- Review and inspection of facilities and construction sites requires the ability to work in a variety of conditions, hearing alarms, climbing ladders and scaffolds to access and walk on pitched roof tops, to access and enter cramped quarters such as crawl spaces which may include exposure to insects, rodents, and reptiles.
- Ability to safely lift 25 – 40 lbs.
< Back to Careers Page