Application Developer (3845)
|Location:||Piedmont Town Center|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle; provide ongoing support of the software platform; handle projects as part of an overall program to build an integrated application portfolio including, but not limited to, all software API’s, integrating .NET and other web applications, data management, as well as ongoing maintenance and improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; and implementing new technology.
- Plans programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications with clients.
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Executes the follow tasks as part of overall development life cycle methodology:
- Application Configuration
- Application Extension and Customization
- Define/Conduct User Acceptance and Quality Assurance Testing
- Report Development
- End User Training and Documentation
- Application Support
- Handles other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
2+ years of proven experience in an applications developer role supporting applications in a mid-sized company or larger, using standard coding and development practices.
Advanced level of knowledge in the following development applications and database platforms:
- Microsoft VB.NET development platform, C#, ASP.NET, Visual Studios
- WCF, ASP.net Web API
- Telerik UI
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS Web Application Server platform
- iOS Development, Swift preferred
Ability to optimize application code for efficient use of memory and database calls
Strong communication, planning, and implementation skills
Ability to work under deadline pressures and budget constraints
Exhibits high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Full software life cycle development experience including: requirements, design, implementation, and documentation
- Software application design, debugging, documentation, and testing
- Report writing
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
< Back to Careers Page