Assistant Property Controller (6086)
|Location:||4725 Piedmont Row Drive|
|Share this:||Click to email this to a friend|
Please answer these questions and upload your resume:
- Review monthly financial reporting packages for third party and owned properties to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare monthly reporting for properties owned by institutional clients with complex reporting requirements
- Monitor compliance with property management agreements and loan documents.
- Work with property managers on the income and expense prorations for property purchases and sales.
- Understand lease terminology and work with Lease Administrators to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Supervise team of property accountants.
- Review and approve AVID invoices and check batches for all third party and owned properties.
- Ensure property equity distributions are calculated accurately and distributed timely.
- Review bank reconciliations for accuracy and timeliness.
- Track property tax and mortgage payments to ensure payments are made before due dates.
- Set budget schedule and review all budgets for third party and owned properties.
- Work closely with senior property management leadership to determine accounting needs for current and potential new business opportunities
- Analyze the accounting requirements for new properties and implement them accordingly in either client’s system or LH MRI.
- Coordinate the financial reporting transition of properties sold to new owners/managers.
- Serve as the administrator in various financial software packages including MRI (financial reporting software), AVID (invoice processing system), FAS (fixed asset system), and CashPro (online bank system).
- Coordinate with client to assign appropriate security roles for Lincoln Harris users in their systems.
- Provide user support for accounting systems across the platform and manage use of outside MRI consultant.
- Work with banks to set up new accounts and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Train property managers and accountants on the budget process and software.
- Ensure compliance with outside auditors as required.
- Meet with clients and perspective clients as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Real estate experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experienced manager.
- Strong MRI and Yardi experience.
- Proficient computer skills required, i.e. Excel, FAS, Word.
- Must maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- 5 years or more of related work experience.
< Back to Careers Page