This section describes how to add an external News article (such as from the Charlotte Observer) to the News feed of this site.
- In the admin of this site, create a new Post
- Copy the headline of the article to the title of the Post
- Type in the name of the publication into the WP Visual/Text editor
- Set the “Published on” date to the publication date of the article
- Scroll down to “Page Links To” and click “custom URL”. Then paste the URL of the article to the field, and check “Open this link in a new tab”.
- Set the Featured Image. Form factor is not that important, as the site will automatically crop it. However, be careful to only use images for which Lincoln Harris has the rights to. Don’t blindly copy the image from the news article. If the image in the original article says “Photo courtesy of Lincoln Harris”, you can use it. If you have received permission to use the image, you can use it. Otherwise, use a different image of the property (or topic) that Lincoln Harris owns.
- Publish the article.
- At this point, the permalink (URL) will show up in the editor. You may want to edit it down to be shorter.
- The article should appear in the News page. If not, make sure the Category is set to News.